Monday, November 2, 2009

Space Blog

1st reading:
I learned that scientist really rely on the shape and size of stars. Not only their brightness. This is important to discover all different things in the sky,
I got a 67 on the quiz.
I foudn out how to do a star simulation.

2nd reading:
I read about the sun. I learned that the sun is dangerous in a few ways. You should not look directly into the sun. Also that there are sunspots in which are darker spots on the sun. Also I learned that the sun is just a giant star. It is very bright and it creates a lot of heat.
I got a 100% on the quiz.
I learned how to simulate with the sun by using a pair of binoculars.

3rd reading:
I read about Dark Energy. This is speeding up its expansion. It is a big suprise to astronomers. It creates expansion in the universe. It is a bunch of stored energy in the universe that truly does affect us.
33% on the quiz
The project is to see if we can identify objects in a dark room. I would be able to as some things are simple to identify. But on the other hand some things I wouldn't be able to bec ause I don't know everything about their shape and size.

4th Reading:
X-Ray detectors
This is used to determine the brightness in the stars and other items. It also collects different types of energy data. This would be very useful to the astronomers. If it wasn't for these detectors than they would have to do this in a different way.
Quiz: 67%
There is no try this on this ad. However I think that it would be fun to use one of these detectors to see what all you could learn out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment